Thursday, August 11, 2011

Goodbyes

This last month has been full of goodbyes.  With 6 schools between the both of us, it seems like every week since mid July we have been slowly finishing camps and classes with each of our schools.

For me (Teresa), it has been a very busy month!

Mulya Teachers
The last school day at Mulya was full of hand written letters from ALL of my students (with the help of their teacher :) and a chicken lunch with the principal at an outdoor restaurant up in the mountains.  It was beautiful and delicous! 

Bonghwa Grade 6 girls

I can never tell when it will be my last time seeing my Bonghwa students...  The kids are always popping up around town yelling, "Hi, Teacher" and waving happily.  I found a handful of my 6th grade girls playing in the river on my way home from work and said another quick goodbye.  More than once I have repeatedly said goodbye to my Bonghwa kids with hugs and tearful goodbyes. 

*At Jaeson my 5th graders threw me a surprise goodbye party over break.  Their teacher made me leave the classroom for a coffee break while they kids snuck in choco-pies and wrote "I love you Teacher" across the white board with magnets.  What a great surprise to walk into!  (I'm sad I forgot my camera that day!) 

AND THE HARDEST GOODBYE WAS HAVING TO SAY GOODBYE TO THESE LADIES...

Since November I have been teaching an English Bible Study at the church next door to our apartment.  It has been such a blessing being able to have fellowship, sing songs, pray, and meet with these ladies once a week.  They will be GREATLY missed. 

My co-teacher, July and I


Tomorrow is the last day at Bonghwa...and I will have to say one last goodbye to one of my main co-teachers, July.  I am very excited to come home, but it is bittersweet saying goodbye to everyone who has been so kind to us this year.

WE WILL MISS YOU KOREA!!

2 comments:

  1. That is SO cool about the Bible study!

    And all the girls telling you good-bye every time they see you .... so very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful girls. Awesome about the Bible study. Safe travels home.

    ReplyDelete