Monday, January 13, 2014

Third Times the Charm...



stopping to eat lunch in an unknown location after
 getting lost in Kate's neighborhood
Well, we finally made it to Tokyo!  We weren’t sure we would make it, but we landed safely at Narita airport, navigated our way to Yoyogi Uehara subway station, and met up with our friend Kate Staples at the nearby Starbucks. 
We are enjoying Asia and in lots of ways it just feels like coming home to something familiar.  No culture shock.  No worrying about getting lost (been there and done that…we always manage to find our way).  And no frustration about the language barrier/lack of English (you just learn to go with the flow).

Honestly, the most anxiety we have had so far was still in America when I (Teresa) stupidly walked through a gate at the seattle airport, cutting me off from Jesse and our connecting flight to Tokyo.  Forget about the guard standing by the gate or all the “do not enter/ exit” signs.  Nooo, why would I pay any attention to those?  I was too concerned about finding the snack bar!  I am sure I looked pretty silly jumping up and down, waving my arms and trying to yell through the sound proof glass to let me husband know I had made a terrible mistake and couldn’t get back through.  I pleaded with the guard a little but to no avail I still needed to restart the process of checking into the airport, and going through all of security.  Thankfully the line wasn’t terrible long and we still had a good hour before boarding time, so all was well and we even made it to the united club in time to grab some snacks for the 10 hr. flight. 

So far so good!  I am feeling better (got sick Saturday morning).  Jesse has not gotten sick (phew!)  And it has been great catching up with the wonderful Kate Staples.  We are all 3 looking forward to continuing our adventures in Asia over the next few weeks J 

No comments:

Post a Comment